Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Final Entry, Part 3.

And at last I come to the end of my ramblings.

I still get angry sometimes.  I still have trouble accepting help from people.  I still fight with my folks.  I still don't feel like I've quite got my past sorted out.  So maybe I did fail in the end.

Everything is better than it used to be, though.  I don't get nearly as angry.  I don't reject help outright.  The fights with my folks are more and more becoming constructive discussions now.  They don't always listen (especially Dad, and especially about the livestock), but more and more often they do.  Maybe it's juvenile.  Maybe most people learn how to fight their parents and how to make peace when they are still teenagers.  Maybe that's what being a teenager is for.  I'm a decade behind, in that case.  I didn't learn to fight them until I was 23.  I don't know if I've learned to make peace even now.

But, I've told my story enough times to enough people that the past isn't just a jumbled maelstrom of mixed emotions anymore.  There has been some perspective given.  Things are looking up.  For the first time in a very long time, I'm eager to see what the next year will bring.

So thank you all once again for listening.  I think it did me some good.

Quite Sincerely,
Thomas D. Ladson

No comments:

Post a Comment