Thursday, October 3, 2013

Boise to Idaho Falls Recap 1 (Arrival at Boise)

I came in to Eagle, a town so close to Boise I can't tell them apart, on the 23rd of September.

I was feeling pretty good with my 100+ mile day.  I  did some resupplying, and took my bike into a place call Ridgeline Specialty Sports.  There I met Matt and Mark, some pretty knowledgeable fellas in the bike field. They gave the bike a quick once over, put some tire liners in to help ward off the puncture vines, and threw a shot of what they called "the cocktail" into each tube. It was a mix of greenish goo and some other stuffs that clogs up minor holes (basically, it's bike fix a flat).  They did all this on the cheap and even took time, free of charge, to help me plan a route out of Boise.  I'm glad they did, cause while Boise is a wonderful town to bike in, it's very difficult to bike out of it.

While all this was going on, I was attempting to find a hostel or similar lodging so as to take an evening's rest.  I knew I had some pretty lonely desert coming up.  I figured maybe I should rest up a bit before I left town.

I got in contact with a woman named Sherry, and my stay in Boise took a dramatic turn for the better. 

She runs The Pink House B&B.  I called asking if it was a hostel and found it wasn't.  She gave me some contact info for a hostel down the street.  It had closed, and I figured that was the end of it.  Time to move on.

Sherry called me back. "Did you get a hold of them?" she says, or something to that effect. 

"No," I say, "They closed down."

"Well, would you like to crash on my couch?" She asks.

"Yes," I say, "Yes, I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment