Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cousin Mike and Joy (a brief recount)

I left Pat and Brandi, mailed my warm weather gear back home, and proceeded all of thirty miles or so to Blackfoot.

I spent Saturday, October 19th to Sunday, October 27th in the company of Cousin Mike and his long-while lady, Joy.  I met Joy briefly when she and Mike came up to visit at Pat and Brandi's.  I took to her immediately and, after a week of staying with her and Mike, I already love her forever.  In addition to being full of hugs, smiles, philosophy, beauty, and cheer; she is also a leather worker who is making me a sheath for the kukri Pat forged.

Mike is the eldest of us cousins (There are 23 of us total, 20 still above ground).  He and Joy treated me to a comfy cot, a lot of food, a trip to the Idaho Potatoe museum (which was in equal parts wonderful, awful, and awfully wonderful).  They also treated me to a night or two on the town where I treated myself to the first hangover I've had in years.

They were so welcoming, I honestly think that if I had stayed another day I wouldn't have left all winter. 

It was great to see both my cousins after being so long separated from them.  It was even better seeing them both doing so well and with fine young ladies on their arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment