Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It begins. (August 27th and 28th)

Where to start. Gina and David drove me yesterday to within 3 miles of the coast.  (pictures to follow if I can get it to work). The day before that they found me, fed me, drove around to get my last minute gear, and took me into their home.  They are amazing people.

I stand at the trail head.

I hike the three miles out.

I make camp at the coast and work some of the bugs out of my gear.  It rains.

Today I wake up, break camp, my phone dies, and I walk 3 miles along the coast.

Met Darren. Darren took photo of me leaving the Pacific. (Photo soon to follow once I figure out how to get it out of my email).  I drink a single tiny drop of the Pacific.  It tastes delicious.

I walk for what I guess is about 12 more miles (15 total) maybe more.  Pass woods, logged clearings, blackberry bushes, and small beef farms. Am tired.  No blisters yet. Knot in right shoulder. Made camp. Is raining again.  Am happy. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment