Thursday, November 21, 2013

Illinois (Nov 21st)

Illinois is a fine State to bike in.  The back roads are straight, paved, plentiful, and with almost no traffic.

Lots of storms though, and the wind is usually across me, so my progress is slow.  The storms are supposed to pass by tomorrow morning; then the weather is supposed to get cold.  I'm tempted to bike in the rain some but my rain gear, though superb when I am camping, is only marginally effective while I am riding.

Perhaps its best I take it easy for a day or two, though.  I've started to develop that numbness in the hands that long distance cyclists sometimes suffer from.  I read that it comes from too much pressure on the hands, usually due to a poor bike fit.  I had my seat raised a while back and readjusted the handlebars.  This has helped tremendously, but a slight numbness persists, particularly in my right hand.

Ah well.  Once I get home I'll rest my hands plenty for a week or so at least.  I noticed a similar numbness just before reaching Pat and Brandi's.  A few days of no biking back then and it went away fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment