Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Casper and Onwards (Nov 5)

I made it to the outskirts of Casper last night.  All in all about 110 miles, a new personal best.

The track through the great divide basin was cold, desolate, and troubled by a crosswind.  The first town I was aiming for, Lamont, really isn't there anymore.  It consisted of one closed cafe, a single dog, and a few trailers; a ghost town in the making.

After that, though, it was (mostly) downhill following the North Platte River.  A trend that should continue the rest of Wyoming and all the way through Nebraska. 

The hills near Alcova are beautiful, and the single restaurant/bar there is still open.

Right now, I am in a cafe in Casper (my first city in a while) waiting for the phone to charge and drinking coffee.

Over the next two or three days I aim to pass through Glenrock, Douglas, Guernsey, Torrington, and Scottsbluff, all along the river.

The mountains are behind me now, though I can still see them.  Time to see how the plains treat me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment