Monday, November 25, 2013

Heading for Home. (Ohio, nov 25th)

Winter has been right behind me state by state.  I think it's about to catch me.

I biked yesterday after (hopefully) fixing my phone and didn't stop until 6 am.  The cold didn't seem to bother me much.  I'm in Ohio now; Dayton to be exact.  There are many good bike paths in Ohio and I aim to follow them again until as late as I can keep going. 

I've taken to waking late so that I can eat lunch buffets for breakfast and then biking long ways when the traffic is low to nill.

A fellow at Rob's diner in Brookville called me inspiring this morning.  Then a woman named Cathy (not the one from Rossville,  a different Cathy) bought me breakfast, and a Veteran in the men's room talked to me about Korea and gave me a ten to help me on my way.

I don't know how inspiring I am, and I never ask for these hand outs.  Usually someone sees the bike helmet and starts asking questions.  All I do is talk: Tell them how I came to be here, and how good I feel, and how much I thoroughly (even desperately) want to be home.  People are kind, it would seem.

Right now I am letting my phone get a good charge and resting up before another hard push.  I need to try to cross Ohio before the snow hits too hard.  I've made it this far, though. 

If the weather shuts me down, that's okay.  I feel like I left the old anxieties somewhere in the Idaho Deserts.  I'm ready to be home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment