Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Omaha Bicycle Co. (Sept. 12)

I ended up at Omaha Bicycle Co. at 6015 Maple Street in Omaha.  There my bike was serviced by Vince Asta, a man with a mustache so epic it once made the local paper.

He and a young lady named Sarah Johnson (possibly related to the cop? I forgot to ask) fixed me up with coffee, baked goods, and a new rear rim.

Trinidad asked me if I was good for money before he left.  He struck me as the sort of guy who works hard for his money and doesn't have a lot to spare.  I've been there myself, so I told him not to worry about it.

Vince and Sarah told me the repairs would be about $100.00 but by the time I was done telling stories, they knocked it down to $58.00.  Just parts, really.  Vince even went so far as to take the rim off of another bike since he didn't have the part needed on hand.

They told me a few stories of their own, gave me some route advice through the city, and if I ever go through Omaha again you can be sure I'm dropping in to see them.  Take care, you guys, and thanks again. :)

Thought for the day: Evidently the wheel was the only thing damaged.  Makes sense as the bike was still upright when it was hit.  I must have just made it out of there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment