Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mr. Mike Willard (Nov. 3rd)

Joy's father Mike caught up with me in Rawlins this evening.

Excellent sort of fellow.

He bought me diner and provided me with some great company.  I haven't been this full since the tater tot incident in Blackfoot.  (You can ask Joy or Cousin Mike about that one).  We talked maps and routes for a bit.  He even called his uncle up for dome extra local information.

When we parted, he told me to give him a ring if the night got too cold, but he didn't seem to think it odd when I told him I had already scouted a good windbreak nearby to spread out my bivvy.  I like that. 

Maybe its because he's from Wyoming and therefore knows its not really THAT cold tonight.  Not if you have the right gear anyway.

So I'm nestling down in my sack feeling warm, fed, and cozy.  G'night all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment