Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cousin Pat's Place

After two 100 mile days and a lot of dessert wind and lonely country, I have today arrived at my cousin Pat's house.

Pat isn't home just now (I arrived very early due to the bike), but his wife has been very welcoming. 

This ends the first leg of my journey.  I haven't tallied it up in full, but I estimate an even thousand miles.

Pat has scheduled off a few weeks work so that when I leave here it'll be by horseback at his side.  I am thoroughly excited. 

My early arrival has thrown things off, though, so my stay may be a week or two (or three) longer than originally planned.  I'm not sure how much longer just yet.  I'll have to talk to Pat before I know.

Furthermore, due to the extended nature of my stay, I will be temporarily suspending the rules.  It seems like I've been bending the rules left and right, but what can I say.  I am perhaps just not so hardcore as some.

The truth is that Brandi and Pat have three young children and have been kind enough to take me in.  I can be more help and less trouble on them, I think, if I put the rules on hold.  Young parents have enough on their plates without a long term houseguest who stubbornly refuses to ever get into a car. 

I will however keep to the rules today (the day of my arrival) and the last day (the day of my departure).  This feels like a good compromise and is good enough for me.  I hope it doesn't break the spirit of things for those who have so avidly followed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment