Saturday, September 21, 2013

Moods (Sept 20, at nightfall)

My mood each day is solid through morning, midday, and such.  I have noticed that setbacks affect me most if they happen in the evening.  Dusk gets lonely.

Often, if I haven't found a good campsite by evening time, I start to feel a twinge of sky sickness.  Its a feeling of being too exposed; too far from cover.  This abates if I find a good spot, somewhere hidden and protected from any chill breeze that might come in off of the prairie. 

Its been prairie country now for a few days.  Since I entered Idaho, nearly.  I enjoyed the sage deserts with their pine trees, but I'm happy to leave the treeless "scab lands" behind.  I didn't realize how much I missed the pines until I could smell them again near Winchester.

I found a good place tonight.  I think I'll sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment