Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Easy Morning (Sept 16)

Only have come about 8 miles today (Sept. 16 2:00pm).  Only been biking since a little after noon.  Stopped in marina/diner on the Snake River.

Spent much of morning talking with Cassie, another coast to coast cyclist, headed west.  More about this later. Also hiked down to the river above Polouse Falls this morning and went swimming for a bit before heading out, hence the late start.

Fought a strong headwind all 8 miles today.  My pack, clothes, and chest catch the wind like a sail.  I have to pedal often and hard even on the downhill.

They say its uphill to the town of Starbuck from here, but the wind looks like it will still be against me.  Gonna be a slow mile day.

Last evening a man at the museum/bar in Kahlotus recommended I see the falls.  The falls were 52 miles or so from where I started that morning between Othello and Connell.  I figured I could make the falls by dusk and pedal on a dozen or so more miles after dark like usual.  The Storm had other Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment